Our hygiene products have bee manufactured to comply with EU Regulation 852/2004 on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs, and US Food Code Part 4-101-11.
To keep your tools in good working order and hygienic:
Clean and sanitise before use. Maximum heat tolerances for Polyester fill are 134˚C / 273˚F and for Nylon or Polypropylene fill are 100˚C or 212˚F. Note: These are not working temperatures. Please refer to each product page for more detail.
Check the product regularly for signs of wear or damage and replace if necessary.
- Use the product only for its intended function. Misuse (e.g. as a hammer or lever) may render the product unfit for hygienic applications.
For chemical resistance data, please refer to our catalogue, or click here.
Product Care and Maintenance
It is essential to take care of your cleaning equipment and recognise when they need replacing. Below you will find hints and tips for the best way to maintain your brushware and hygienic tools.
Cleaning your tools
- Remove all visible dirt and foreign objects with a stiff brush.
- Use a cleaning solution with a pH 5 or less. Alternatively clean in an industrial dishwasher (82°C/180°F).
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- If lime residue has formed on the tool it can be removed by washing in a cleaning solution with a pH 5 or less.
- Disinfect after washing with an approved disinfectant.
- Remove disinfectant residue by rinsing with clean water or using an industrial dishwasher (82°C/180°F).
- Hillbrush Hygiene products can be sterilised by autoclaving at temperatures up to 135°C/275°F.
- Ensure tools have sufficiently cooled before using again.
- Use a wall hanging system to hygienically air dry the tools.
Replace your tools when
- Filaments are entangled, creating bacterial growth hotspots.
- Filaments are worn excessively or discoloured.
- Plastic moulds are scratched badly or marked.
- The handle is broken or bent.
Storing your brushes
- Store cleaning equipment away from working surfaces.
- Install shadow boards in partitioned work areas.
- Use a colour-coded hanging system to organise tools and avoid cross-contamination.