Product Care and Maintenance
It is essential to take care of your cleaning equipment and recognise when they need replacing. Below you will find hints and tips for the best way to maintain your brushware and hygienic tools.
Cleaning your tools
- Remove all visible dirt and foreign objects with a stiff brush.
- Use a cleaning solution with a pH 5 or less. Alternatively clean in an industrial dishwasher (82°C/180°F).
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- If lime residue has formed on the tool it can be removed by washing in a cleaning solution with a pH 5 or less.
- Disinfect after washing with an approved disinfectant.
- Remove disinfectant residue by rinsing with clean water or using an industrial dishwasher (82°C/180°F).
- Hillbrush Hygiene products can be sterilised by autoclaving at temperatures up to 135°C/275°F.
- Ensure tools have sufficiently cooled before using again.
- Use a wall hanging system to hygienically air dry the tools.
Replace your tools when
- Filaments are entangled, creating bacterial growth hotspots.
- Filaments are worn excessively or discoloured.
- Plastic moulds are scratched badly or marked.
- The handle is broken or bent.
Storing your brushes
- Store cleaning equipment away from working surfaces.
- Install shadow boards in partitioned work areas.
- Use a colour-coded hanging system to organise tools and avoid cross-contamination.