The use of color coded cleaning equipment is now standard practice in food processing. Separating departments or types of food by color helps eliminate the possibility of cross contamination, and supports efforts to implement HACCP or 5S systems.
- Most of the cleaning products in our range are available in a variety of vibrant, easily identifiable colors
- Missing or mis-placed cleaning products are highly visible
- Our shadow boards are available to help store your cleaning equipment conveniently
Developed by the US department of Agriculture, the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) initiative was created to assist food processors and food service companies in eliminating food safety hazards by identifying Critical Control Points.
The seven key principles of HACCP are:
- Conduct an analysis of hazards
- Determine the Critical Control Points
- Establish critical limits Set up a monitoring system
- Establish a procedure for corrective action
- Establish procedures by which to verify the effectiveness of the HACCP plan
- Maintain thorough records.
This simple process will help your business become a safe, clean and well-organized workplace, through order and standardization. These principles work alongside HACCP guidelines to improve efficiency and profitability.
- Sort - Establish which tools are needed in which area
- Set in order - Organize into designated color-coded zones
- Shine - Carry out regular cleaning and maintenance
- Standardize - Set out best practices in the workplace
- Sustain - Ensure standards are followed.
Hillbrush offers world class brushes, squeegees and other manual cleaning tools designed and made for use in food processing and other similar industries, and they are used globally.
They are made in-house to the highest standards at our UK plant, using the latest injection molding and manufacturing machinery. Most of the products in this program may be sterilized in an autoclave at 275F (134C), are color coded, exceptionally durable, effective, and made with materials EU/FDA approved for food contact.
Many of our products are available in highly specialized forms, with the use of antimicrobial plastics and resins, and metal detectable plastics. We also manufacture scoops, buckets, scrapers, dustpans, hanging systems and shadow boards.We are committed to supplying you with the best products to help you reach and maintain the highest cleaning standards possible.