Color-coded cleaning equipment has become standard practice within food and beverage production. Products with matching colored handles and heads can be identified quickly and easily, which is especially important within workplaces where a number of languages are spoken. Below you will find key information on the recognized principles of HACCP color coding:
- The use of color-coded cleaning tools can greatly reduce the risk of cross-contamination.
- A methodical color-coded approach associates each product with a particular area, promoting inter-departmental and/or food-type segregation.
- The majority of our hygiene range is color-coded, with up to twelve vibrant, easily identifiable colors to choose from.
Developed by the US department of Agriculture, the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) initiative was created to assist food processors and food service companies in eliminating food safety hazards by identifying Critical Control Points.
The seven key principles of HACCP are:
- Conduct an analysis of hazards
- Determine the Critical Control Points
- Establish critical limits Set up a monitoring system
- Establish a procedure for corrective action
- Establish procedures by which to verify the effectiveness of the HACCP plan
- Maintain thorough records.
This simple process will help your business become a safe, clean and well-organized workplace, through order and standardization. These principles work alongside HACCP guidelines to improve efficiency and profitability.
- Sort - Establish which tools are needed in which area
- Set in order - Organize into designated color-coded zones
- Shine - Carry out regular cleaning and maintenance
- Standardize - Set out best practices in the workplace
- Sustain - Ensure standards are followed.
- Eliminate cross-contamination
- Color-coded products help segregate food types or departments
- Prioritize and control potential hazards
- Internationally recognized
- Used at all stages of food production
- Trading benefits, through improved customer and consumer confidence
- Can be aligned with other Management and QA systems.