Hill Brush is committed to a policy sympathetic to protecting and preserving our environment, minimising environmental impact at all stages of production, and in the way we package our products.
- All the vegetable fibres used in our brushes are sourced from developing countries, which supports local communities and furthers our commitment to corporate social responsibility.
- Hill Brush has an FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®) Chain of Custody certification (TT-COC-001562) for wooden brush backs and other wooden products. This means that the FSC® raw material used to produce these wooden parts can be traced back to an FSC® certified forest. The non-FSC® timber used by the company comes from managed forests or from suppliers with other sustainable timber schemes (such as the German PEFC™ scheme)
- We encourage our customers where possible to change from buying brushes with fitted handles to threaded handles. Packaging is much smaller, reducing transport costs and carbon emissions.
- Hill Brush strives to use a minimal amount of packaging materials and complies with all EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) packaging waste regulations. The weight of packaging per product is available on request.
- All plastic products manufactured by Hill Brush comply with EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) recycling regulations
- Energy and water consumption are a prime concern and air from our main extraction system is recycled back into the production building to reduce the loss of heat. We have also installed automatic taps to further control our water consumption.
- All packaging received is recycled.
- The Company has recently updated its moulding machinery with energy efficient machines using considerably less power.
- In 2017, Hill Brush constructed a brand new manufacturing and office building. Efficient LED lighting has been installed across the site, operated via sensors and timers to reduce energy wastage. Wall and roof insulation is compliant with the latest energy efficiency standards. We have installed two electric car charging points for environmentally friendly vehicles.